- Do not bypass the chat filters, advertise (IPs or server mentions), or spam in chat. Mutes may be given without warnings! Listen to the Chatmods!
- Be courteous and respect others.
- Do not use any tools, mods, or exploits to give you an unfair advantage (fly, speed, xray, etc). If in doubt, ask staff.
- No illegal PvP (spleefing (breaking blocks under someone), potions, lava, dropping people with home invites, tnt, etc). PvP must be enabled for all involved.
- Do not ask staff for items/animals or for the locations of items in the map. Do not ask for the locations of unique or OP items in chat.
- Do not build bases, walls, or other structures that will hinder other players' ability from leaving the spawn areas. Keep in mind that the closer you build to spawn, the more likely you will be griefed. Griefing is allowed here!
- Staff have the final say. Do not argue!
DO NOT exclaim in chat "HACKER" or "I'm reporting you!". File a player report by typing /report <player> <msg> and staff will check it out when they can. Before filing a report, be sure to read the Allowed Activity section below.
When reporting, give links to any screenshots you have. Illegal PvP almost always needs some form of proof to issue punishment unless staff are able to witness it, otherwise a report is nothing more than "He said, she said". However, if you do report someone for illegal PvP, we will keep an eye on them in the future.
The following are actions which are allowed on Minecraft Left2Die that players are not always aware or cautious of. In general, if you can break it, it's yours. If you can pick it up, it's yours.
- Griefing player builds in the zombie maps.
- Griefing player plots that you have access to.
- Breaking blocks that may indirectly lead to a player's death is not considered illegal PvP. For example, breaking the walls of a building and letting zombies swarm in which results in a player being killed is not illegal PvP.
We are currently not accepting ban appeals.
Should you find yourself banned for breaking one of more of the rules, you can make a ban appeal.
Some things to keep in mind:
- Making a ban appeal does not guarantee an unban.
- Ban appeals are the staff's lowest priority and as such it may be a few days before your appeal is even read. If you can't do the time, don't do the crime!
- If we ask you something in your appeal, reply! Otherwise, the appeal is guaranteed to be rejected.
- The "my brother/sister did it" excuse does not cut it and will normally result in an instant rejection of the appeal. You are responsible for the security of your account.
- Be honest! The staff watch players for a while before doing a ban so they tend to have a good bit of evidence to back up a ban.