This is not a complete page and will be added to as things come to mind. The policies on this page are subject to change at any time, for any reason, with or without warning or notice.
- Staff require no more proof other than seeing it with their own eyes to implement a ban. Some bans may be implemented solely on evidence collected by our hacking detection system though we will normally try to get an actual visual.
- Ban appeals are dealt with by the banning staff member unless that staff member is no longer part of L2D.
- Making a ban appeal does not guarantee an unban.
- Banned players are not entitled to a quick appeal process. Some staff may only check their appeals as little as once a month. If you can not do the time, then do not do the crime.
- The appeal process officially ends either with an unban or when the banned player stops replying to the appeal.
- Using the "my brother/sister/friend did it" excuse does not fly with us and will likely result in an instant appeal rejection.
- Players are solely responsible for the security of their account. "My account was hacked" is not a valid appeal.
- Assume everything you say in chat is being read by an Admin or other staff member. This includes, but is not limited to, regular chat, clan chat, ally chat, /tell, and /msg. There is no expectation of privacy.
- Private messages are typically not looked at unless needed to investigate another issue.
- /me is not filtered. Inappropriate language use in /me may result in the loss of permissions for donators.
- Abuse of /me via spamming or using it as if it were a channel may result in the loss of permissions for donators.
- See the mute section below on muting policy.
- Inappropriately named clans will be removed. Repeated offences will result in the player being banned from using clans.
- Players caught KDR grinding will result in being banned from clans, having their money wiped, and possibly banned from the server entirely (this falls under the unfair advantage rule).
- Admins can see all clan chat, however we do not typically moderate it unless it gets out of hand.
- We will tolerate inappropriate rank names in clans so long as no one complains.
- Donating is just that....donating. It is not a purchase and as such is non-refundable and perks are subject to change.
- Donation perks and ranks are non-transferable. This include transferring to another account owned by the same player.
- Donators do not get special treatment for donating.
- Donators are not immune to the rules and may be muted and/or banned with or without warning.
- Donators get extra plots, not the right to any plot (see below).
- Dontating does not give the right to have whatever request you want completed either at all or in a timely manner no matter how trivial you think it may be. Staff will deal with the acceptable requests when we get to them.
- The opinions of donators are more heavily weighted than those of non-donators.
- Donation perks may be added/removed/changed at any time with or without warning, though normally we will try to compensate for it in some way via another perk.
- Donation perks may be revoked if abused (ie TNT, etc).
- We are subject to the Mojang EULA with regards to donation perks.
- Items lost to glitches will not be replaced.
- Items received via accidental glitches (hacking is not a glitch) will not be taken away (exception being op weapons). Intentionally using a glitch to your advantage and not reporting it may result in a ban.
- Items lost to hackers will not be replaced.
- Items lost to illegal PvP will not be returned unless the PvP-er is caught in the act and even then, this is not guaranteed.
- Players are not entitled to any freebies under any circumstance outside of the kits.
- Named items are subject to the chat rules. If you plan to use a weapon in PvP, do not use inappropriate names.
- Staff will ask that the weapon be renamed first. Failure to comply may result in loss of all inventory and/or ban from the server.
- The names of items in the market are subject to the chat rules. Inappropriately named items will be removed. Repeated offences may result in the loss of market perms.
- Items lost to glitches through the market will not be replaced.
- The market is subject to being wiped. This is normally done with warning when possible and is only done when is is completely unavoidable due to plugin update or glitch.
- Money lost to glitches will not be replaced.
- Scamming is allowed, so money lost to scams will not be replaced.
- Money is subject to being wiped. This is normally done with warning when possible and is only done when it is completely unavoidable due to plugin update or glitch.
- Contrary to popular belief, L2D (and other online communities) are not subject to "freedom of speech". Players can be muted or banned for the things they say.
- Zombie Control do not need to give warnings (as stated in the rules themselves).
- Unmutes are handled via the Zombie Control and sometimes Mods. The Admins typically will not deal with unmute requests.
- Unmutes are not automatic. You must send a /tell to a Zombie Control and ask for an unmute.
- Zombie Control are instructed to ask two particular questions of the muted player. As long as both are satisfactory, the player will be unmuted.
- Typically, unmuting is dealt with by the Zombie Control that did the mute unless they are expected to be unavailable for an extended period.
- Changing your name to resemble the name of a staff member is subject to a ban until the name is changed. Whether or not a ban is implemented is up to the staff being impersonated or to the Admins.
- Players with inappropriate names are subject to mutes or bans until the name is changed. This is normally not acted upon unless it is particularly bad (ie F-bomb) or until another player complains.
- The animals/mobs on plots may be reset at any time without compensation to reduce server lag.
- Typically cats, dogs, horses, and rabbits will be protected, but there is no guarantee.
- If a player has an excessive number of animals/mobs on their plot, all animals/mobs will be removed from the plot by staff.
- Animals/mobs killed by other players will not be replaced.
- Players may claim any unclaimed plot they like within the boundaries of plotworld.
- Plots are first come, first served.
- Players may not claim any plot that is currently owned and unexpired.
- A plot may not be transferred to another player without that player's written consent via modreq.
- This includes your alts. If you want a plot transferred to your alt, you must login via that account and make a modreq.
- Donators do not have the right to claim any currently claimed plot they want. They must still wait for the plot to be expired even if the plot is blank.
- Staff will not change player permissions of a plot.
- If a player sets their plot for sale either intentionally or by mistake, staff will not reclaim ownership if an unintended buyer buys the plot.
- Staff will not restore ownership of a plot which the original owner disposed of should another player take ownership.
- Donators may have their plots combined together provided they are side-by-side or adjacent to another donator's plot.
- Donators are able to combine their plots into one plot or send a merge request to a neighbouring plot via /p merge.
- Staff will not merge plots for you.
- All plot commands will act on a merged plot as one. Staff will not replace anything lost as the result of a command that clears the entire merged plot being executed.
- Staff will not replace anything lost as the result of a co-owner (result of merging with another player) performing a command that clears the entire merged plot.
- After two months or no login or block activity, a plot will be automatically put up for sale. Should the plot sell, the money will be deposited into the original players account.
- After three months of no login or block activity, the plot will automatically be deleted.
- There will be no compensation for a plot lost to expiration.
- Grief of no sort will be repaired. This includes items taken from chests. It is the player's responsibility to only add trustworthy members to their plot.
- Plot moves cost $5 per plot per move and can by bought via the /buy command.
- Donators are entitled to one plot move no matter the donating status (ie donating for survivor and infected does not get two plot moves).
- The free plot move applies to a single non-merge plot.
- The free plot move is intended so you can move the one plot you had prior to donating to an area farther out where all plots can be combined.
- Players accept all responsibility for the potential loss of items as a result of the move. Lost items will not be replaced.
- Donators may protect and un-protect their plots at will via /p protect.
- At staff discretion, plots of long time players (non-donators) and plots with exceptional builds may be protected for free. There is absolutely no guarantee to this and this protection may be revoked at anytime.
- Staff will not move protected plots without consent from the owner.
- The only exception is if space is needed around the spawn area.
This is a more detailed description of the rules and how staff are expected to handle them. Despite what some may think, there is not a disguishment between which of these rules is bannable and which are only mutable. All of these rules are bannable at staff discretion.
- Do not bypass the chat filters, advertise (IPs or server mentions), or spam in chat. Mutes may be given without warnings! Listen to the Chatmods!
- Staff are under no circumstances required to give a warning before muting (as stated in the rule clearly). Most staff will give some number of warnings before muting, but this is not required.
- Caps are not against the rules, but spamming is. A few lines of caps is fine, but if that is all you are using, then you are subject to being muted. Most Zombie Controls will warn on the first line of caps just to make sure it does not continue.
- Be courteous and respect others.
- This rule is very loosely moderated as we allow for rivalries to form between clans which can get heated at times. We will act if it gets to the point where a player is no longer feeling comfortable on the server due to harassment.
- This also applies to staff. Staff are to be respected. If you have a problem with a staff member, you take it up to a higher staff member.
- Do not use any tools, mods, or exploits to give you an unfair advantage (fly, speed, xray, etc). If in doubt, ask staff.
- Just because it is not listed does not mean it is okay to use.
- An "unfair advantage" is anything that would give you any form of upper hand over a player using a completely un-modded client.
- Bans for this are almost always permanent and not subject to appeal.
- No illegal PvP (spleefing (breaking blocks under someone), potions, lava, dropping people with home invites, tnt, etc).
- Reporting players must have some form of good proof of illegal PvP for staff to act in the even they can not witness it in person. Otherwise, the offending player will just be put on a watch list.
- If a player runs into lit TNT and dies, that is not illegal PvP.
- If a player breaks a wall and lets zombies in causing another player to be killed, that is not illegal PvP.
- Illegal PvP is any PvP not in a designated PvP zone where a player intentionally attempts to directly kill a player.
- Punishment is up to the staff member. Typically punishments are (but not limited to):
- A warning so long as all items are returned (if applicable)
- Killing the offending player either destroying the inventory or not.
- Temp ban that does not require an appeal to be unbanned.
- Long term ban that requires an appeal for an unban.
- Do not ask staff for items/animals or for the locations of items in the map. Do not ask for the locations of unique or OP items in chat.
- Read this carefully. A lot of players only ever read the first sentence and think its okay to ask other players for locations in global chat....it is not.
- Do not build bases, walls, or other structures that will hinder other players' ability from leaving the spawn areas. Keep in mind that the closer you build to spawn, the more likely you will be griefed. Griefing is allowed here!
- If they have to climb over a wall or look for a door....it's in the way.
- Staff have the final say. Do not argue!
- If a staff member tells you not to do something.....listen! Even if you think it is wrong. Listen to the staff member and take the issue up with a higher staff member. Even if they are wrong, you are still subject to punishment for disobeying them.