|Release||February 1, 2015|
|Retirement||January 6, 2018|
Olympus is Minecraft Left2Die's hardcore map. Once you enter the map, the only way out is to find the evacuation center. You will start in a small box from which you can still change your mind and leave by clicking the warp sign. The map is currently retired and it is undecided if it will make a return.
- Kill 50 zombies
- Run the command /olympus
- Natural regen is disabled.
- The mobs are harder and come with special abilities.
- Players take more fall, drowning, suffocation, starvation, and lava damage.
- Some blocks that are typically not subject to gravity will fall (dirt, cobble, etc).
- Armour will weight you down and make it harder to move. Leather is the lightest, diamond is the heaviest.
- If you have too many items in your inventory, you will be unable to swim.
- The only way out is to find the way out through the Evacuation Center or death. DO NOT tell other players the location of the Evacuation Center or you may be blocked from playing the Olympus map!.
- Relogging will not allow you to leave nor will restarts.
- Mob drops are disabled, including if they pick up your items.
- Map resets every eight hours instead of every four.
- Redstone Torches
- Redstone Lamps
- Sea Lanterns
- Splash Potions
- Regen potions
- 8 minute potions
- Enchanted Golden Apples
- Water Buckets
- Chests (placing and breaking)
- Enderchests (all interaction)
- Flint and Steel
The same main server rules still apply with the following additions:
- Spleefing is allowed.
- Do not ask staff to rescue you. The way Olympus is setup, even they cannot get out or bring you out without visiting the evac center.
- Do not tell other players where the evac center is or how to leave Olympus other than stating "find the evac center". Doing so may result in you being permanently blocked from the Olympus map.
The base Olympus map was created by bobtart12 and his build team. The finishing touches were added by our own Left2Die build team.